she sees ME

Apr 30, 2009

Uncategorized

3467563406_f7d7b75b20_b1

there’s a magical place on the internet called Shutter Sisters… do you know it?

(if i could ever figure out how to insert buttons and widgets on this new blog there would be one for SS!)

it is a place where women who share a love of photography, whether professionally or not, meet and talk about life, love, connection, struggles, and, of course, photography.  the brain child of a woman i have so much love and admiration for, Tracy Clark.  with contributors near and dear to my heart: Andrea Sher, Kate Inglis, Andrea Jenkins, Jen Way, Susannah Conway,  and so many more beautiful, open-hearted, talented women whom i adore.

I have been featured there with the One Sweet Shot spot back in february… so fun!!!!!  and such an honor.

This past tuesday, my sweet friend, Lilia Schwartz, of Baby Moon Photography down in the SF Bay Area, was the featured guest blogger, and she chose to write about our recent meeting and allowing ourselves to be seen in FRONT of the lens (something typically not so comfortable for us photographers!)  It is truly a lovely post and encourage you all to go see for yourselves. Thank you, Lilia, for seeing me!!!

i am touched and honored and just so happy to have such a beautiful connection with such beautiful people.

have a beautiful day!

xo,

jen

1. lilia

April 30th, 2009 at 3:19 pm

awww…:::hugs::: hon!!! love you!!

2. Katherine Center

April 30th, 2009 at 4:33 pm

I am SO LOVING your photos! I can’t believe how charming and lovely they are–and how there’s like some little surprise to each one. So glad to find you!

3. Amy

April 30th, 2009 at 9:38 pm

That is really beautiful Jen…thanks for posting that.

4. Liz

May 2nd, 2009 at 5:29 pm

I’m constantly amazed at the art and photography that flow out of the Pacific Northwest. Your photos are a wonderful reminder why Oregon is so beautiful ….. the people, the places and the artist make it so. I still feel like an Oregonian but have been transplanted to Ontario …. I’m looking forward to your next batch of photos – keep posting – they make me smile!

5. Calvina

May 5th, 2009 at 3:09 am

Hi Jen, I stumbled onto your blog again after not being around for a while. I love the new design. So very fun and so very you!

6. gayle

May 19th, 2009 at 7:07 am

I can’t wait to see you this summer. Being able to spend a day with the Downer Clan is one of the things I am most looking forward to.

I love you!

7. Gypsy Alex

May 26th, 2009 at 8:13 pm

You’ve got so much charisma! Love this pic of you. So free ~

8. Rhea Bohlin

September 24th, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Very fun morning today! Thank you for your creative eye!