10 on 10 February Style

Feb 10, 2014

Uncategorized

Hello! Welcome to 10-on-10 February Edition! Those of you who came from Breanna Peterson’s blog, thank you for following the blog circle to me!

Portland rarely gets snow. The last time we had a significant snow storm that stuck was back in 2008. So when we got several inches of snow last weekend, it was a novelty! The city more or less shuts down, as we just don’t get enough snow to have all of the equipment needed to deal with it… so everyone is snowed in more or less. We embraced the hell out of it, and had a marvelous family time. And man, was it a beautiful change of scenery!

snow-6915

snow-6923snow-6937snowday-6966snowday-6999snowday-7009snowday-7051-2snowday-7070snowday-7079snowday-7093storyboard005

Now the snow is covered in a layer of slippery, crunchy ice, and it is slowly melting away. Thank goodness because 3 days was just right.

Next in the circle is the wonderful Alana Rasbach! Please go have a peek at her beautiful life and leave her some love.

xo.

1. Kodiak Portrait Photographer | Breanna Peterson Photography

February 10th, 2014 at 11:15 am

[…] now pop on over to Jen’s blog, she saw things- they’ve been getting snow in Portland (& we have almost none in […]

2. Tracey

February 10th, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Love getting off of Instagram and coming over here and seeing your photos larger than a tiny square on my iphone! You capture “life” so beautifully. 🙂

3. Alana Rasbach

February 10th, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Of course I love all of these. We just got snow too!

4. Missy Day

February 10th, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Love the way you captured the way snow FEELS to a child. Magic!

5. stacey

February 10th, 2014 at 9:34 pm

These are so lovely. I live in snow country. Lots of snow and this year, lots of bitter cold. As much as I lament about our long winters, I do love seeing my kiddos enjoy the snow each time it comes down, as your kids are here.

6. alpana

February 10th, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Love that you are doing this, Jen! I love how honestly you capture your loved ones.

7. Katherine Heise

February 10th, 2014 at 10:56 pm

<3 You make me want to see snow so bad! The other day Amelie saw snow on a T.V show she was watching, she asked me what it was and I told her it was like frozen rain. She only looked at me sceptically, I don't think she believed me. Frozen rain, what a crazy idea.

8. Kristin Hallak

February 10th, 2014 at 11:10 pm

So great! Love how there is always a fun lighthearted playfulness in your photos! 🙂

9. DeAnna McCasland

February 11th, 2014 at 2:24 am

Love seeing your family love in your images Jen! You seem like such a great soul. I wish we lived closer so we could meet!

10. Breanna Peterson

February 11th, 2014 at 5:39 am

so much joy! I can only imagine the excitement they were feeling, & of course you captured it because you’re a rockstar 🙂 these are all beautiful <3

11. Katy Tuttle

February 12th, 2014 at 12:03 am

love those kiddos <3 lovely, lovely, lovely…

12. Annie Otzen

February 12th, 2014 at 5:10 am

I was living in Portland back in 2008 and I still remember that snow event so clearly. It’s always so much fun to see kids embrace snow. It makes it feel so magical. Your children are so beautiful and I can just feel all their joy in these photos.

13. Heather Robinson

February 13th, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Jen, these are so fun!! I love the last few with them enjoying the snow as a tasty treat. Snow eating is my daughter’s favorite thing to do with snow!

14. Justine Boulin

February 13th, 2014 at 10:39 pm

your photos really make me wish is snowed here more. these are beautiful and so much fun! I love the 2nd and 3rd ones of your kids catching snowflakes. such a great childhood moment! xo

15. kari

February 19th, 2014 at 12:09 pm

The fern fronds against the snow are gorgeous. Lovely photographs.

16. Ginger Ingley Unzueta

March 12th, 2014 at 1:58 pm

It’s so crazy for me to think Portland doesn’t get snow?!! You learn something new everyday right! Love these….makes me miss the days in NC and VA where we got a snow storm a couple times a year. It is fun for a day or so. My florida bones don’t do well with cold for too long. I love how the pops of color just stand in contrast to the white snow..and the mouths catching the flakes. priceless.