gingerbread house making, warm chocolate, stories and quilts in NE Portland! Oh MY!

Jan 16, 2013

families, Uncategorized

I love these people more than words can say. I think the photos tell the story for themselves.

Leave me a comment and let me know which is your favorite shot of the day! If this post gets 30+ comments, I will give this sweet family an 8×10 print of their choice!

1. K Fish

January 16th, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Lovely shots of a beautiful family. Nice work!

2. bearto

January 16th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I love seeing this family photographed! Amazing shots that make me yearn for that time in December!

3. Melissa

January 16th, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I like so many of them!! But, my two faves: 1. The two girls sitting against the baseboard….the one where the younger girl is looking sideways at her sister. And 2. The younger sister is in the hallway in her stocking feet looking down at the lit Christmas lights on the floor. That is a priceless moment in time. I have one of my younger son at age 3, holding a nativity animal figurine at the back of the sanctuary before the kids carried the pieces in during Hanging of the Greens. It’s not an amazingly set up shot, but the look on his face and his chubby little toddler hands holding the figure are priceless to me, especially now that my boys are both teenagers.

4. Grayson Dempsey

January 16th, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Jen, you astound me. I am amazed by these photos every time I see them. Thanks for capturing the magic of the holidays – these really are some of my favorites you have ever taken of us. We love you!!

5. Kathy

January 16th, 2013 at 11:06 pm

I always love seeing your photos of this wonderful family. Being so far away, they are my primary glimpse into their wonderful, loving, crafty home. Your images are regularly stunning. I truly wish I could find someone like you in Baltimore to photograph our family. Alas, our home isn’t nearly this photogenic and we are clear across the country. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work! I look forward to more. . . .

6. Sally

January 16th, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Oh! That Vivienne! She cuts to the quick with that sweet face! <3

7. Francie

January 17th, 2013 at 12:38 am

Stunning photos of a beautiful family!

8. Jen Barth

January 17th, 2013 at 2:57 am

I am absolutely speechless at how beautiful these photos are! Jen I have admired your work from afar for awhile. These photos tell the story of the Dempsey clan beautifully! Well done…and Grayson, kudos for creating the moments that make it all happen!

9. Courtney

January 17th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Can’t wait for our turn!! What a gorgeous series of a beautiful family.

10. erin

January 17th, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I’m not sure I could ever in a million years pick a favorite. However, the photo of Vivi concentrating on decorating the tree is such a beautiful moment.

11. Sarah

January 17th, 2013 at 10:56 pm

I am in awe. Such a wonderful family and you’ve captured them in all their honest beauty. Love. Do let me know if you are EVER in Idaho!

12. shelby

January 18th, 2013 at 12:59 am

these are incredible, jen. so many moments captured–love the one of scarlet on the bed, with eyes closed. so dang sweet. grayson: your family is gorgeous and jen: you did a perfect job documenting this rad family.

13. amy

January 18th, 2013 at 2:40 pm

LOVE the cocoa and the cooking and the snuggles and definitely the beauty lying on the quilt…just gorgeous. impeccable captures of a beautiful family. nice work again!

14. Gretchen Hayhurst

January 30th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

This group of photos are stunning. I wish I had ‘everyday’ photos from my youth. When I was growing up most photos were of holidays, parties and vacations. Film was too expensive to document daily activities. Now I do. Love your work.

15. Helen Townes

January 28th, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Lovely family, lovely photographs. You captured their essence!