January 10 on 10 – a new project

Jan 10, 2014

Uncategorized

Well hello there! Its been awhile!

I was delightedly invited to join a most awesome group of photographers for a 10-on-10 project for this year.  I am notoriously awful at projects… when I think of doing a 365 photo project I feel a panic attack coming on. Last year I attempted the Sundays weekly project, and that was just too REGULAR for me. I found myself not always in the mood to take photos of my own life every Sunday! But this one, 10 frames to tell a story from my every day life once a month, sounds JUST RIGHT! And when I saw who the fellow photogs who are participating in this blog circle were, I could not say anything but YES! YES! YES!

Thank you to everyone who followed the link from the incredible Deanna’s page! So lovely to have you here!

The past couple of weeks have been funky. After a quick after Christmas jaunt up to Seattle to see friends, my whole family got sick with a cold/flu. Then just as we were all on the mend and the kids went back to school, Rob had surgery to have his tonsils removed this past Tuesday. No one has felt much like being photographed, but I managed to grab a few shots over the past couple of days that tell the story of how the beginning of 2014 has looked.

NewYearsDay-4319NewYearsDay-4348storyboard004tonsil_day-4791tonsil_day-4793tonsil_day-4816tonsil_day-4818tonsil_day-4830tonsil_day-4836tonsil_day-4838

My wonderfully talented friend, Breanna Peterson, has her 10-on-10 up over on her blog. Do go have a look at the beautiful images she’s sharing this month!xo,

Jen

1. tara pollard pakosta

January 10th, 2014 at 12:32 pm

so lovely! I would love to join in something like this someday!
    I am going to do portrait 52, once a week portraits of my kids, can’t wait until I get my lens back! Haven’t taken any pics since halloween!
    tara

2. Bethany Petrik

January 10th, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Oh Jen. I’m really happy that you documented this. Love the smily photos of your daughter! But the photos of your husband really took my breath away. And the Jello is the perfect detail shot. xoxo

3. Suzanne Gipson

January 10th, 2014 at 3:06 pm

love them all!

4. Missy D.

January 10th, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I love every image. And, WOW, is that beard impressive! 🙂

5. Lamb Fox

January 10th, 2014 at 3:39 pm

These are all so beautiful. I’m so, so glad to be a part of this circle.

6. Annie

January 10th, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I am so in love with these Jen!! Each one tells a story and the 3 photos of your daughter laughing just make me smile! Hope your husband starts to feel better soon. I’m so happy to be part of this group with you!

7. Stephanie Jackson

January 10th, 2014 at 5:38 pm

i love your kind of family

8. Breanna Peterson

January 10th, 2014 at 6:21 pm

I’m so happy you’ve joined along! these are all wonderful, but that first one & the b&w one of Rob, wow!!

9. Kristin Hallak

January 10th, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Jen… These images, WOW! Wow! Your humor in the first few make me smile.. So sorry about your husband, hope he is on the mend! Can’t wait to see next months!

10. Stacey Montgomery

January 10th, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Ack. Fantastic.
    Your daughter laughing, the b&w of your husband, your (?) sweet golden… Love.

11. Lindsey Scott Bergstrom

January 10th, 2014 at 8:32 pm

I see such contentment and love in these images. thanks for sharing.

12. deanna mccasland

January 10th, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Jen! At first I was going to say the laughing photos of your daughter were my fave, but then I saw the photos of your husband and wowza…so good! I love that you are picking up your camera in those hard times. So happy to have you in our circle! xx

13. Heather Lindsey Robinson

January 11th, 2014 at 4:24 am

good grief these are wonderful. each and every shot is eye candy. your photos are brimming with a unique beauty and so much love. i am thrilled to be in this group with you.

14. justine

January 11th, 2014 at 12:54 pm

oh jen these are beautiful and tell such a wonderful story of your family. I love the first one and the b&w of your husband in the hospital bed. Lots of speedy get well wishes to him. xo

15. Andrea

January 11th, 2014 at 1:10 pm

These are great! Cool to see you are in Portland! I’m in Camas. 🙂 We’re almost neighbors. 😉

16. Katy Tuttle

January 11th, 2014 at 11:49 pm

oh, jen…. just gorgeous. and true. love, love LOVE!!!

17. Roxanne Ricciardi Bryant

January 20th, 2014 at 1:10 am

Jen, this post is gorgeous. The pics of your husband are just so raw and emotional. I adore them and this post. I looked the first time you posted…and couldn’t shake the images. Still with me. The three in-a-row of your sweet girl really sings to me as well. Had to come back to let you know. xo

18. alana rasbach

January 21st, 2014 at 2:26 pm

love love love your work! so honest.

19. Ginger Ingley Unzueta

March 12th, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I have loved sitting and looking through your 10 on 10 this morning…your images of your family just draw me in, and make me look longer. I love the ones here with your husband in the hospital, such a real moment there..and your girl and her smiles, and laughs..and your son..that face. All of these…really special. It was a lovely bit of time to see all of these this morning !!

20. Kodiak Alaska Photographer | Breanna Peterson Photography

February 13th, 2015 at 7:35 pm

[…] have a new & exciting blog circle for 2014; for those of you who stopped by way of she saw things, big thanks! & make sure you continue your way through our  circle- next up is Phood & […]